How to Maintain Your Results with Eagan Burnsville Laser & Skincare Services
One of the most common questions we get is “How long will my treatment results last?”
The answer is completely dependent upon you. If you take this “fresh start” as a chance to begin new habits that benefit your skin your results will last longer. These habits include the ‘Simple Things’ list below.
We like to use the analogy of taking care of your teeth: you don’t get your teeth cleaned twice a year and not brush your teeth every day to keep them healthy
Or the analogy of keeping your body in shape: you can’t see your personal trainer every couple months and not work out on your own each day to maintain your results.
Plus, of course, depending on your concerns, conditions and goals – we highly recommend you follow the personalized treatment plan we created with you.
Simple things I can do to maintain my results?
One of the biggest misconceptions with skincare and health is that there is a miracle treatment that can be done and the results will last indefinitely. Because we are continually aging and exposing our skin to the elements, good skin health is no different than body health. You have to exercise and eat right on a regular basis or you won’t maintain the benefits. The same is true for your skin. The following are just a few simple things you can do to maintain your post procedure results; and most patients come to realize that their skin actually looks healthier over the years with proper care and commitment.
- AVOID prolonged sun exposure!
- Wear a BROAD SPECTRUM sunscreen with an SPF 30-50 with zinc or titanium dioxide
- For lines and wrinkles, use collagen stimulating products like Retinols, Vitamin C, TNS (growth factors), and Peptides
- Get periodic maintenance procedures like chemical peels, photo rejuvenation and skin tightening
- Stay consistent with your products (don’t get drawn into the hype of products that have no legitimate clinical studies)
Drink water, take a multi-vitamin, exercise….healthy living = healthier skin