Post Treatment Response: After a BBL Treatment, pigment should darken over the next few hours and may even have a crust-like appearance. Do NOT pick, rub or scratch the skin. Let it fall off by itself naturally over the following days. Keeping it hydrated with a moisturizer can alleviate any itching that may occur during the healing process. A sunburn sensation is typical and will subside anywhere from 2 hours to 2 days depending upon the individual. Slight swelling can also occur in some patients.
If treating redness and vascular concerns, it may appear more pronounced for the first few days and will gradually fade. Defined vessels can also appear slightly bruised for a few days post treatment, but you can wear makeup to conceal.
BBL Photo Rejuvenation Post Treatment Care
- Avoid prolonged hot baths and showers, as well as saunas, and hot tubs for 48 hours.
- Aerobic exercise should be postponed for 24-48 hours, especially if treating vascular concerns as it can be counterproductive to the treatment goals.
- Cold packs, aloe vera or any other cooling preparation may be used to ease temporary discomfort.
- Prolonged sun exposure is to be avoided for 4 weeks before and after treatment. A total sun block (UVA and UVB) should be applied if it is impossible to comply. A commitment to stay out of the sun is necessary. Sun exposure may cause certain complications including blistering, hyper or hypo pigmentation.
- If the skin is broken or a blister appears, apply an antibiotic ointment and notify us. The area should be kept lubricated to prevent crusting or scabbing of tissue.
- Makeup can be applied as long as the skin in not broken. Makeup can also serve to protect the skin from sun exposure.
If you have nay questions or concerns, please contact us without hesitation at (952) 222-4060